This exciting class will include lots of hands-on activities in all three areas of musical theatre: Singing, dancing and acting. Please note that it is very helpful to have good reading skills for this class because there will be music and script reading.
Instructors will be CTE Artistic Director/Drama, Tish Lyon, along with CTE alumni Allison Cherry, recent Wizard of Oz director, Andrea Leith, choreographer and Mikey Jacobowski, vocal director.
- WHY SIGN UP: Participation in the camp will help improve audition and performance skills, be a chance to make new friends, and will be super-fun!
- WHO: For anyone entering Grades 2 through 9 in Fall 2015
- WHEN: Monday through Thursday, July 20-23, 2015 from 12:30-3:00 pm
- WHERE: Elgin Community College Arts Center Building H, Room H 123, 1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin, IL 60123
- COST: $150 per student/Additional siblings $115 each (Online payment option not available for sibling discount)
- Optional online credit card payment is available with a $5 fee. Otherwise, make checks out to “Children’s Theatre of Elgin” and send to 1700 Spartan Drive H104, Elgin, IL 60123. All payments involving sibling discount must be made by check or delivery to the CTE office. When dropping off a payment, please call Susan at 847-214-7152 in advance to make arrangements. Payments must be in our office by Friday, July 17, 2015.
- Participants are encouraged to bring a snack and beverage for the daily break. We’ll provide the rest! Be sure to wear appropriate, comfortable clothing. Jazz shoes or gym shoes are best for dancing. No experience required – all are welcome!
Ready to sign up? Select the “Register now!” button – it will just take a moment!
New students: Parents will complete a General Registration form and receive a CTE ID, then be re-directed to the Workshop Registration page. Returning students: If parents have forgotten the CTE ID, call Susan at 847-214-7152 or email@example.com. DO NOT CHOOSE A NEW ONE or student’s CTE history will be erased.
Below are a few photos from our April 2015 Audition Feedback Workshop. Fun!
Workshop cancellation and refund policy:
If CTE cancels a workshop class for any reason, parents will be notified immediately by email. Within five days, a rescheduled date and time will be sent by email to parents. If student is unable to attend on the rescheduled date, a full refund of fees will be provided by CTE, minus credit card fees that may have been paid.
If parents need to cancel a student’s workshop registration due to illness or other emergency, CTE will provide a refund of 75% of fees, minus credit card fees, if any. However, parent must contact the CTE office at 847-214-7152 to request the refund within five (5) days of the scheduled class to receive a refund.
All workshops take place at Elgin Community College, 1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin, IL 60123. Parking is located on the west side of the Building H for classes held in the Arts Center. Map to ECC
Watch this page for news of more workshops and theatre camps! Or if you want us to keep you updated, sign up for our CTE News emails so you don’t have to keep checking the website. Sign up today!
Questions? Call Susan at 847-214-7152 or email.