Did you know we’ve been working on a new educational film during the past year? Sixteen CTE cast members filmed some scenes in Elgin, then flew to Hawaii to work on the rest! The main film editing is completed, but now we need some help from 10 more teenagers to add the film credits at the end.
- WHAT: Adding the credits to an educational film
- WHO: Any interested teenager ages 13-19 years (Class size limit: 10 students)
- WHEN: Saturday, December 20, 2014 from 1:00-2:30 pm
- WHERE: Studio 270, Gail Borden Public Library, 270 N. Grove Avenue, Elgin, IL 60120 (To get to Studio 270. go upstairs to the 2nd floor and turn right)
- COST: None. Except participants must provide a $20 deposit that will be refunded to each student shows up and takes part in the class. Checks should be made out to “Children’s Theatre of Elgin” and sent to 1700 Spartan Drive H104, Elgin, IL 60123. Check MUST be received by Friday, December 19th in order to participate.
Note regarding payment: When you register, you will NOT be able to pay the $20 deposit with a credit card. Payment must be made by check so we can simply return it to you at the end of the class without additional fees and paperwork.
- WHAT ELSE IS NEEDED? Nothing! A laptop and all materials will be provided.
There will also be a follow-up workshop in a few weeks to add sound to the video using iMovie4 as the platform.
Ready to sign up? Just select the “Register now!” button and go for it! Remember, parents complete all forms for children through age 17. If you’re new to CTE, get a CTE ID by selecting the “General Registration” link. Returning students should select the “Edit information now” link to make sure we have the correct email address, etc. Then back to the workshop page, enter the CTE ID and it will just take a moment. As always, if you’ve forgotten a student’s CTE ID, please call 847-214-7152 or firstname.lastname@example.org to recover it. DO NOT CHOOSE A NEW CTE ID. (By the way, just disregard the text in the confirmation email that has more to do with our regular acting workshops.)
What are we going to do with the film once it’s finished? It will be made available for use by teachers in local school districts and also in the Gail Borden Public Library’s Studio 270 collection as an example of the great work teens can do in making videos!
Here’s a link to the Hawaii Film Project blog if you’re interested!
Below are a few photos from our July 2014 Musical Theatre Camp. Fun!
Workshop cancellation and refund policy:
If CTE cancels a workshop class for any reason, parents will be notified immediately by email. Within five days, a rescheduled date and time will be sent by email to parents. If student is unable to attend on the rescheduled date, a full refund of fees will be provided by CTE, minus credit card fees that may have been paid.
If parents need to cancel a student’s workshop registration due to illness or other emergency, CTE will provide a refund of 75% of fees, minus credit card fees, if any. However, parent must contact the CTE office at 847-214-7152 to request the refund within five (5) days of the scheduled class to receive a refund.
All workshops take place at Elgin Community College, 1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin, IL 60123. Parking is located on the west side of the Building H for classes held in the Arts Center. Map to ECC
Watch this page for news of more workshops and theatre camps! Or if you want us to keep you updated, sign up for our CTE News emails so you don’t have to keep checking the website. Sign up today!
Questions? Call Susan at 847-214-7152 or email.