It’s time to catch the theatre bug at CTE – and what a fun summer activity to boot!
Instructors will be CTE/FVTC Artistic Director Drama, Tish Lyon, Allison Cherry, director of the CTE spring 2015 production The Wizard of Oz, Andrea Leith, veteran CTE choreographer, and a vocal director.
The goal of this workshop is to give children a chance to develop confidence and self-esteem while exploring theatre as a creative outlet and offers children the opportunity to become familiar with the following:
- Learn what to expect during auditions.
- How to choose your audition song.
- Learn dance for theatre.
- Learn improvisation techniques
- Learn how to make the most out of your rehearsals.
- How to stay in character.
- How to handle stage fright.
- How to work with the stage director.
- How to read from a script.
- How to relax, have fun, and enjoy your acting experience.
We encourage all students who intend to audition for CTE’s upcoming season productions to attend this summer camp. While not a requirement, participation in this class will help improve audition and performance skills.
Bonus FUN: Friends and family are invited to attend the last hour of camp 2:00-3:00 pm on Thursday July 24 to watch camp participants perform the skills learned during camp in the areas of acting, improv, dance, and song.
Here’s the information about the class. If you have questions, call Susan at 847-214-7152.
- WHO: Anyone in Grades 2 through 9 in Fall 2014
- WHEN: Monday-Thursday, July 21-24, 2014 from 12:30-3:00 pm*
- (Note: Families are invited to attend the last hour of class on Thursday to see a terrific sample of skills the students worked on during the week!)
- WHERE: Elgin Community College Arts Center, 1700 Spartan Drive Building H, Room H123, Elgin IL 60123
- COST: $150 per student /$115 additional siblings (Online payment option not available for sibling discount)
Optional online credit card payment is available with a $3 fee. Otherwise, make checks out to “Children’s Theatre of Elgin” and send to 1700 Spartan Drive H104, Elgin, IL 60123. All payments involving sibling discount must be made by check or delivery to the CTE office. When dropping off a payment, please call Susan at 847-214-7152 in advance to make arrangements. Payments must be in our office by Friday, July 18, 2014.
*Participants are encouraged to bring a snack and beverage for the daily break. We’ll provide the rest! Be sure to wear appropriate, comfortable clothing. Jazz shoes or gym shoes are best for dancing. No experience required – all are welcome!
Below are a few photos from our November 2013 Musical Theatre Workshop. Fun!
Workshop cancellation and refund policy:
If CTE cancels a workshop class for any reason, parents will be notified immediately by email. Within five days, a rescheduled date and time will be sent by email to parents. If student is unable to attend on the rescheduled date, a full refund of fees will be provided by CTE, minus credit card fees that may have been paid.
If parents need to cancel a student’s workshop registration due to illness or other emergency, CTE will provide a refund of 75% of fees, minus credit card fees, if any. However, parent must contact the CTE office at 847-214-7152 to request the refund within five (5) days of the scheduled class to receive a refund.
All workshops take place at Elgin Community College, 1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin, IL 60123. Parking is located on the west side of the Building H for classes held in the Arts Center. Map to ECC
Watch this page for news of more workshops and theatre camps! Or if you want us to keep you updated, sign up for our CTE News emails so you don’t have to keep checking the website. Sign up today!
Questions? Call Susan at 847-214-7152 or email.